Janene's summer salad
- Clevedon marinated buffalo cheese
1 pack Farro Fresh rocket
2 -3 bunches asparagus
1 bag green beans
Fresh peas, freshly podded
2 lemons, zested and juiced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp grainy mustard
Optional: Add edible flowers to serve. Substitutions: You can replace the beans and peas with shelled edamame beans or snow peas. If asparagus is out of season you could also use fresh broccolini instead.
Method (For the dressing)
- Place garlic and a pinch of sea salt in your mortar then smash until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil, then fold in the grainy mustard and lemon zest.
Method (For the salad)
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tsp salt and bring to boil.
- Place all the greens except the rocket in a pot of boiling water for 1-2 mins.
- Rinse under cold water and immerse in ice for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Fold in 1/2 of the dressing and leave to cool.
- Place the rocket on the platter. Top with the greens and mix them together.
- Use your hands to pull apart 4-5 cubes of the marinated buffalo cheese and place on top of the salad.
- Drizzle the rest of the dressing over the salad with a good grind of fresh pepper.